In this day-long workshop, we’ll explore some more subtle aspects of test-driven development. Through intense, hands-on exercises, we’ll look at aspects of TDD that are often overlooked, including:
- What effect does test ordering have on your design;
- How do you choose the next test to write;
- The effect of isolation-based testing on your design.
This workshop is language-agnostic, although focused on object-oriented languages. So, come spend the day exploring through code.
Software developers with experience with test-driven development.
You will learn:
- Improved understanding of link between TDD and simple design
- Better understanding of using tests as design tools
- Effective techniques for understanding which tests to write
About the trainer
After 12 years of coding for money, Corey Haines said enough and went on a year-long, journeyman pair-programming tour. Traveling the world, pair-programming for room and board, he spent his time teaching, learning and just living as a knowledge-cross-pollinating, little, software craftsmanship bee. For the past three years, Corey has focused his attention on helping developers improve their fundamental software design skills through the use of focused-practice events,such as coderetreat. He is also the co-founder of MercuryApp.com